Thursday, November 7, 2013

Broken Toothbrushes

Something my husband and I recently realized was that our lives were lacking consistency. And we vowed to change that for our children, especially.

Since our decision to push through and be consistent in our daily home and life operations, my husband has snapped TWO toothbrushes. We laughed about it both times and didn't really think much about it until it happened again last night. My husband really doesn't know his own strength anymore. When he warms up a bottle of expressed milk for our youngest, he puts the cap on it so tight I have to wait for him to come home to open it! Yeesh, dude. He has been consistently working out- lifting, squats, abs, you name it, reading the bible, speaking his affirmations over himself, and working to grow as the leader of our family. And that consistency has finally resulted in super strength!

As for me, it's been all about finding lots of little moments to say hi to God every day... And digging into the Word. Oh, how many God nudges I've missed these last 25 years because I lacked consistency and the desire to know Him. Also, consistently taking my AdvoCare products and doing couch to 5k and the Can You 24 Workouts 5-6 days a week. It's all entwined... Speaking to God the moment I open my eyes in the morning launches me into a full day, and working out keeps me chugging along and not so sleepy I forget to worship my Creator.

Thanks to consistency we're getting stronger. Not just physically- I'm so excited about the strength we're developing in our parenting, our faith, and how we fight for our goals. We have a message to share and we want out lives to speak it strongly- not only our mouths.

Consistency over time is what gets you results... And maybe even a couple broken toothbrushes along the way.

Jaci

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed that I too am getting more consistent...definitely more organized since starting the challenge! My kitchen is clean, laundry is getting done more on time, etc. I think it's because I've been having to plan ahead so much with food shopping, cooking...that organization has seemed to overflow into other parts of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to read or listen to some scriptures daily too!

    ReplyDelete