Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Brooks Pure Cadence 2 | REVIEW



Once I was cleared to start being active again postpartum, my husband and I made a trip to REI to peek at running shoes. I was ready to finish the Couch to 5k training I started in October 2011, the month I found out I was pregnant with Ben. My feet had also grown an entire size through both pregnancies.

We left the store with a pair of vibrant purple shoes… I was way excited about the color, they were comfortable and really only time would tell if they were my running shoes or not. (REI has a great return policy if you’re not satisfied with your items long term.)

The Brooks Pure Cadence 2 shoes came with lime green laces which I was completely sold out for. I love running in neon anything! The color I chose is pretty fabulous… purple and teal. I feel pretty when I lace them up!

They aren’t minimalist style shoes exactly, but there is less padding which I’m a fan of. My husband is a bit of a minimalist shoe snob, so he really wanted to get me into a pair close to that for my 5k training.

The shoes are very light which is a plus and there is this feature called the Progressive Diagonal Roll Bar that helps prevent overpronation (which leads to certain foot complications, ouch). The shoe’s tongue is attached to one side which I thought was going to be weird but was actually quite comfortable.

All in all, this shoe gets a 4/5 from me. As my first real running shoe, I don’t have much to compare it to. I can say though, after consistently running for 5 weeks, my feet have had no issues and I plan to wear them out with my new hobby! The Brooks site says they should last me 250-300 miles or so.

Love 'Em! What are your favorite road running shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment